The kidney transplant waiting list is getting longer and people are waiting for a chance at a better life. In response, the National Kidney Foundation has developed “THE BIG ASK: THE BIG GIVE.” This initiative features free, interactive workshops that educate and raise awareness about kidney donation and transplantation.
The Big Ask, The Big Give: First Steps to Transplant:
This 2-hour workshop provides information on the basics of kidney disease, treatment options including dialysis and transplantation, and the transplant evaluation process. It features a panel of renal professionals, transplant recipients, and living donors.
The Big Ask, The Big Give: Finding a Living Donor:
This 4-hour workshop provides education on living donor transplants, dispels myths, teaches participants how to tell their personal story, and the importance of engaging one’s social network in the search for a living kidney donor. It features a panel of renal professionals, living donor recipients, and living donors.
Save the Date!
The Big Ask, The Big Give: First Steps to Transplant – Virtual Workshop
- Date: Thursday, May 19, 2022
- Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Location: Zoom Video Conference (Requires a computer or device with internet access. A meeting link will be sent to registered participants).
- Click here to register for the May 19 Workshop.
- Funding for this workshop is provided by the Gift of Life Foundation
The Big Ask, The Big Give: Finding a Living Donor Workshop
- Date: Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Time: 4:00 – 7:45 PM
- Location: To Be Determined
- Transplant Center Partner: Michigan Medicine
For questions or additional information, contact Devon Hagerman at 800-482-1455 ext. 2370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.