Serving the Community:
- Early Childhood Programs – the Detroit office offers a number of programs targeting the early childhood community with the goal of improving health, by way of nutrition and physical activity, in a creative way.
- Diabetes Prevention Program– a year long program proven to help individuals reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 58%.
- PATH—a FREE 6 week workshop which helps people take charge of their health.
- Diabetes PATH – a FREE 6 week workshop which helps people learn to better manage their diabetes.
- Enhance Fitness—free and exciting fitness classes for all levels.
- REACH – a five-year project (September 2018- September 2023) concentrated in Inkster, Wayne, and Westland, MI to improve policies, systems, and environmental conditions that impact health, particularly among African Americans and Latinx populations, who experience disproportionate risk of chronic diseases and socioeconomic disparities.
The Detroit Branch office offers several ways to be involved. Some specific program and event information is listed below. If you have questions about these, or any other programs and services offered by our office, please call 313-259-1574.
We have fulfilled the criteria for a number of disciplines, including social work, nutrition, public health, and other health related areas. We continue to have a summer program for students participating in Work Force. We are always excited about training community volunteers for programs, assisting us in meeting our goals, mission, and commitment to the community. If interested, please contact Liz Nienhuis at 313-259-1574 or email@example.com.